Don’t miss this chance to perform live at the McCallum Theatre and work with professionals on the McCallum team. Join a cast of outstanding local performers in this fully produced talent show that is an audience favorite. Open to aspiring performing artists in all disciplines ages 8 and up who live within 45 miles of the McCallum Theatre. All finalists receive stipends and compete for the $5,000 Grand Prize and additional top awards. All finalists must commit to the rehearsal and performance schedule.
Review the Project eligibility, schedule and details below and visit this page starting October 30th to enter.
Awards & Stipends
Grand Prize - $5,000
2nd Place - $2,500
Audience Favorite - $2,500
Talent Achievement (Vocal/Dance/Instrumental/Specialty) - $750
Solo Stipend - $250
Duet Stipend - $500
Small Group Stipend - $750
Ensemble Stipend - $1,000
Accepting entries: Starting October 30
Deadline: January 5
Live Auditions: January 23 & 24
Finale Rehearsals: March 4, 10, 17
Vignette Interview: Week of March 11
Vignette b-roll shoot: March 19
Rehearsals/Performances: April 15 - 21
Note: These dates are subject to change.
All performers must:
- be at least (8) years of age
- reside within a 45 mile radius of McCallum Theatre
- not generate fifty percent (50%) or more of your wages from performing
- commit to the entire rehearsal/performance schedule above
Application Process & Details
- There is no cost to enter.
- Complete the electronic application form and provide a video link per piece entered. Audio files are no longer accepted.
- A maximum of (2) entries are allowed per performer/group.
- Maximum length of performance piece - (5) minutes
- Incomplete materials or those exceeding the time/performer limit will not be processed.
- The video file must contain only the piece being entered. No exceptions.
- Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate review.
- Family friendly material only. No off color language or mature subject matter allowed.
- Once your entry is received it will be reviewed by a screening panel.
- Performers will be selected to audition live at McCallum Theatre before an audition panel based on the materials submitted.
- Finalists, selected from the live audition, will perform for a live audience at McCallum Theatre.